Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nya, nya! Our church is best!

I am of the firm opinion that our church is wonderful on all sorts of levels. We have shortcomings, but the Word is preached well and members are built up, taught, helped, and encouraged.

And we have fencing after service!!!!!!!

Ok, so it wasn't an official "church activity" or anything like that, but R&A brought over their fencing gear and four families went outside to have some fun! AP and I started it off before the camera got out there, which is just as well since I was horribly, horribly outclassed. Having never fenced before in any meaningful way, it was pretty sad.

But, when everyone saw we had swords out, they all wanted to get in on the fun! BB fenced, Jer and I fenced, AP fenced with another pastor's son, and AP and his wife RP fenced. The picture with the lady fencing with BB is her. She fenced with heels on. She didn't break anything. I was impressed.

Here we go - proof that our church is best!

BB and RP (note her heels)


Jeremiah getting ready


Might it be a bit big for him?


Jer is SO ready to swordfight


He's just a bit excited!


En guard!


He was surprisingly hesitant...


... but he got into it!


Clash! Clang!


AP worked on training MA

2 comments:

Darren said...

Wow. That is seriously cool.

If you use incense during the service, I might be tempted ;)

J said...

Burning incense? We go the other way - toward frozen wine.

Seriously, the room is frigid! People bring lap blankets, shawls and jackets.

Maybe a bit of extra heat from the incense would help! We could all gather around the incense censor to keep our hands warm! I'll mention it to the pastor.