Friday, August 22, 2008

Interesting expression

The Name of the Wind - awesome book by Patrick Rothfuss. Sequel coming out eventually. He's an very good entertaining writer and I enjoy his blog. He writes about whatever, and recently he posted about a little, freebie game. I thought one of his descriptions was ... interesting, and maybe disturbing.

... Penny Arcade recently put out their own video game titled On the Rain-Swept Precipice of Darkness....

It's like H. P. Lovecraft and Terry Pratchett had some sort of oddly charismatic love child with Tourette's.


Bro, you'll probably appreciate the bizarreness of that particular combination, and the attraction that it would hold for me. Wow. Lovecraft + Pratchett + charismatic Tourettes = Disturbing Awesomeness.

I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm going to have to give it a whirl based just on that description.

2 comments:

Darren said...

I enjoyed "Wind" very much, and I'm anticipating the sequel.

That video game sounds designed to put me off - I've never been able to appreciate Pratchett properly, and I'll take Dick's style of dark weirdness over Lovecraft any day. :)

J said...

Ooooo, a new author? To which "Dick" are you referring?

The only one that's coming to my mind at the moment that might be "dark weirdness" is Phillip K. Dick.